Man, his complex nature and the increasingly more complex society in which he lives, and his relationship with the metaphysical world (expressed in myths and religions) have been interesting subjects for investigation by scholars. Using various instruments (qualitative and quantitative, or a combination of both), the Arts and Social Sciences disciplines have sought to answer the basic questions concerning man, his society and his relationship with the metaphysical world. The NCE Arts and Social Sciences programmes seek to draw the teacher and his student into a mutual dialogue about their collective realities.
The goals of the Arts and Social Sciences programmes include the following:
- To produce NCE teachers of Arts and Social Sciences subjects who are capable of contributing meaningfully to the production of teachers of those subjects for Basic Education in Nigeria.
- To help the students acquire the basic knowledge and values needed to enhance the quality of their lives and the life of the nation.
- To help the students acquire the spirit of self-reliance, positive self-image and balanced personality;
- To prepare students for life-long education.
- DEPARTMENT OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- DEPARTMENT OF ISLAMIC STUDIES
- DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
- DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL STUDIES
- DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
- DEPARTMENT OF Geography